Ricklefs Excavating LTD is an established and growing Heavy Highway Construction Company in Central Iowa specializing in underground utilities, excavation and cast in place structures. To help us grow we are seeking energetic, candidates with demonstrated abilities to teach and build a crew in the construction of underground utilities for private and public projects in our area. This position will service the areas around Anamosa, Iowa.
- Competitive salary and Discretionary Bonus Programs
- Medical Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Term Life Insurance
- 401K Plan
- Company Paid Holidays and Vacation
- Company vehicle
Underground Utility Foreman
Essential Job Functions
- Promote and comply with all company and safety policies and procedures
- Manage up to four or more employees
- Directly supervise and coordinate daily activities of craft workers
- Ensure crew productivity to meet job schedule and budget
- Ability to interpret specification and read blue prints
- Assist in lay out of work for crew
- Monitor Quality Control of work in place by your craft workers
- Order and coordinate delivery of necessary materials
- Assist with jobsite orientation and train and mentor new workers
- Perform trade work as required
- Implement better methods of production in all aspects of your job.
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screening, background check and E-verify
Education and work experience requirements
- Minimum of Five years of experience/knowledge in underground utilities
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Take reasonable care of your own and others’ health and safety
- Have proper regard for safety and what it means to your crew and the company
- Maintain Professional attitude with owners, inspectors, public and company personal.
- Proficient in one or more craft areas
- Capable of supervising a project of six or more craft workers’
- Read blue prints skillfully
- Ability to motivate workers, lead by example and communicate effectively
- Ability to compute basic numbers, read scales and use simple fractions.
- Experience in Microsoft Office, Email Communications and Electronic time card is a plus.
- Ability to work well under pressure and within project timelines.