- WI |
- Jobs |
- Systems Engineer Sr - Rider Vehicle Interface
Systems Engineer Sr - Rider Vehicle Interface
Auto req ID: 4476BR
Title: Systems Engineer Sr - Rider Vehicle Interface
Job Function: Engineering
State and City: Wisconsin, Wauwatosa
Company: Harley-Davidson Motor Company
Full or Part-Time: Full-Time
Shift: Shift 1
At Harley-Davidson Motor Company we do much more than just build motorcycles; we fulfill dreams of personal freedom. We are customer led in all we do, and we believe and invest in our people and our communities. Harley-Davidson believes that its people are the only real long-term competitive advantage and their energy and commitment is what has made us successful since 1903.
This Engineering position will be held accountable for delivering the following:
- Develop and maintain deep technical competence in RVI systems (hand controls, handle bars, foot controls, foot pegs and boards) and components through benchmarking, analysis, project interaction, education, and development of strategic partnerships.
- Develop and maintain system strategies (design/technology roadmaps that optimize customer value, quality, cost & complexity/modularity).
- Assess status, identify, prioritize, and implement plans to progress component & system development processes from Road to Track to Lab to Computer.
- Enable product delivery teams’ and systems groups’ success through robust design guidelines and templates, formal and informal consulting, technical optimization, product development efficiency, and customer value.
- Create and maintain a virtual shelf of proven technologies, components, and systems that anticipate and meet the needs of key stakeholders throughout the H-D enterprise.
Position requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related technical field. Master’s Degree preferred.
Position requires a minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience. Please see supplemental field for additional requirements.
DFMEA & DVP&R
- Understand principles of DFMEA and DVP&R. Have participated in DFMEAs and DVP&Rs in the past.
- Demonstrates an advanced understanding of engineering calculations and regularly applies them to design problems and references calculations in reports and analysis guides. Can quickly recall and demonstrate engineering calculations during design reviews to provide decision ready information. Develops equation-based spreadsheets, programs, or scripts that are considered best practice for the design and analysis community.
Rider Vehicle Interface System design
- Experience designing components and systems for Rider Vehicle Interface. Demonstrated success in completing designs that meet their quality, cost, and performance targets.
- Demonstrated ability to manage functional tradeoffs between components and improving designs through clear understanding of operating envelopes, load paths, manufacturing processes, material properties, bolted joint analysis, datum schemes, and tolerancing.
- Uses a variety of tools to improve designs (i.e. engineering calculations, bolted joint analysis, FEA, GD&T, tolerance stackup analysis)
Design for Ergonomics
- Familiar with ergonomic principles related to anthropometric data and human strength.
- Capable and efficient in creating parts, assemblies, and drawings.
- Familiar with statistical analysis and root cause analysis techniques. (e.g. Cause Map, Fishbone, etc.)
Structural Analysis and Test Correlation
- Able to correlate analytical results with physical test data on parts or assemblies.
Collaboration & Teamwork
- Willingly works with others up, down, and across the organization to get results.
- Helps others understand the importance of teamwork in order to gain support and buy-in.
- Reaches out to all relevant stakeholders before making a decision.
- Positive attitude
- Can manage multiple projects and priorities.
- Demonstrated capability to leader through influence.
- Communicates openly
- Good internal consulting skills
- Actively listens and seeks others opinions
- Focuses on facts and process, not the person
- Shares information honestly and transparently
At Harley-Davidson it is not just what degree you have or what you know you must also exhibit and demonstrate our valued behaviors in everything that you do:
- Be accountable
- Model Integrity
- Value Individuality and Diversity
- Inspire Teamwork
- Encourage Creativity
Direct Reports: No
Travel: Required 0-10%