- WI |
- Jobs |
- Supply Chain Specialist
Supply Chain Specialist
Menomonee Falls53051WIUSMenomonee Falls, WI
Auto req ID: 4737BR
Title: Supply Chain Specialist
Job Function: Materials Management
State and City: Wisconsin, Menomonee Falls
Company: Harley-Davidson Motor Company
Full or Part-Time: Full-Time
Shift: Shift 1
At Harley-Davidson Motor Company we do much more than just build motorcycles; we fulfill dreams of personal freedom. We are customer led in all we do, and we believe and invest in our people and our communities. Harley-Davidson believes that its people are the only real long-term competitive advantage and their energy and commitment is what has made us successful since 1903.
This position is responsible for the execution of supply chain management activities. This responsibility is to be performed in a manner consistent with the overall H-D Materials Management Strategy, and modeled within the guiding principles of the H-D Values. Manage plant-specific supply-chain management activities as assigned. Primary interface between the supply chain and various process areas within the plant.
* Track daily performance of open and past due orders and coordinates activities to complete orders on a proactive basis.
* Work with Manufacturing/Assembly Schedulers to ensure proper inventory levels while supporting plant-wide inventory target.
* Resolve ASN (Advance Ship Notice) problems, correct inventory levels, and maintain kanban quantity accuracy.
* Identify and address supplier issues that affect key measures (i.e., on-time delivery, operational downtime, schedule disruption, etc.).
* Responsible for new product transition into plant operations, including Plan For Every Part (PFEP) compliance.
* Manage purchased part inventories; identify and execute inventory reduction activities and programs as required.
* Assist with disposition of obsolete or slow moving inventory. Install preventative measures to prevent reoccurrence of the obsolete material.
* Ensure that suppliers understand and are compliant with applicable containerization, electronic commerce, and product identification requirements.
* Maintain AS400 system information, (e.g. item master set-up, replenishment maintenance, supplier delivery, etc.)
* Ensure ISO compliance.
* Execute requirements planning, forecasting, and replenishment to ensure an adequate supply of purchased product from assigned suppliers; includes engineering change management and emergency sourcing.
Associate degree required. Bachelor degree in business administration, materials management, supply-chain management, or equivalent degree preferred. Appropriate technical certification (CQM, CPM, CPIM) preferred.
One (1) year of demonstrated work experience in a related field. Understands production and procurement of raw materials, MRO, capital equipment, components and systems in a manufacturing environment (automotive or motorcycle industry preferred). Understands MRP and technical problem-solving concepts and techniques. Demonstrated computer skills.
At Harley-Davidson it is not just what degree you have or what you know you must also exhibit and demonstrate our valued behaviors in everything that you do:
- Be accountable
- Model Integrity
- Value Individuality and Diversity
- Inspire Teamwork
- Encourage Creativity
Direct Reports: No
Travel: Required 0-10%