- WI |
- Jobs |
- Sr Supply Chain Analyst
Sr Supply Chain Analyst
Menomonee Falls53051WIUSMenomonee Falls, WI
Auto req ID: 4724BR
Title: Sr Supply Chain Analyst
Job Function: Materials Management
State and City: Wisconsin, Menomonee Falls
Company: Harley-Davidson Motor Company
Full or Part-Time: Full-Time
Shift: Shift 1
At Harley-Davidson Motor Company we do much more than just build motorcycles; we fulfill dreams of personal freedom. We are customer led in all we do, and we believe and invest in our people and our communities. Harley-Davidson believes that its people are the only real long-term competitive advantage and their energy and commitment is what has made us successful since 1903.
This position is responsible for supporting the execution of supply chain management activities, supply chain optimization and process improvement initiatives. This responsibility is to be performed in a manner consistent with the overall H-D Materials Management Strategy, and modeled within the guiding principles of the H-D Values. This position is the primary plant interface between external suppliers, internal customers and functional peers.
Establish and maintain viable relationship with suppliers based on mutual trust, respect, and fair treatment. Drive accountability to standard metrics including quality (PPM), delivery (OTD), and shipping (ASN). Manage tier zero suppliers as extension of H-D while holding them accountable to standard metrics. Provide inputs to tracking and forward looking budgeting process as required for areas assigned. This resource will develop and manage complex supply base segments deemed critical to supply security or unique sourced technologies. Able to utilize supply capacity capability data in the analysis of constraints for single tier, multi-tier, and global supply chains while understanding dependent capacity relationships amongst product groups and across H-D production facilities. Although this position does not have any direct reports, it is expected that this resource will take a leadership role in interactions both internal and external which pertain to supply management.
Participate in strategy development/execution for Supply Chain Operations. Manage plant-specific supply-chain management activities and special projects for suppliers, product development, and product/process areas as assigned while holding self accountable to established objectives.
Project Management/Issue Resolution
- Effectively manages issues requiring the use of CI tools and leads project teams to drive effective resolution to supply chain issues with the ability to define, manage, and complete projects through the use of these tools on time and within budget.
- Able to assess risk and proactively mitigate, manage and escalate while demonstrating appropriate level of urgency and perseverance. Guides others in the development of this skill.
- Effective oral and written communication to management, subordinates, and external stakeholders within all levels of the organization. Able to facilitate cross-functional meetings.
- Strong interpersonal skills that fosters collaboration within team, with business partners, and cross-functional stakeholders.
- Able to present data driven information to large audience. Has developed communication filter based on experience and proactively communicates potential risks.
- Conveys understanding of complex messages and difficult feedback when needed and takes responsibility to do so.
- Employees are expected to find ways to continuously improve processes and responsibilities in their job and develop knowledge of core H-D CI principles and tools.
- Effectively identify issues requiring the use of H-D CI tools and participate in project teams to drive effective resolution.
MRP/ Data Analysis
- Complete complex data analysis through the use of Excel including the use of formulas and pivot tables.
- Advanced system knowledge within SAP or applicable planning software.
- Detailed understanding of the inputs to the MRP process and the expected outputs for the respective supply chains.
- Identify and resolve MRP exceptions on a daily basis via standard reporting for shortages, past dues, swaps, external misses, cuts, and aged/failed
This position requires a Bachelor's degree in business administration, materials management, supply-chain management, or equivalent degree. Supervisory experience preferred. Master's degree in business administration or equivalent preferred.
The successful candidate will have a minimum five (5) years of demonstrated performance in technical competencies of procurement, engineering, finance, operations and/or quality. In addition they will have demonstrated the following:
Effective communicator with strong interpersonal skills who understands how to develop and maintain external supplier and internal customer relationships. Demonstrated competency in production and procurement of raw materials, MRO, capital equipment, components and systems in a manufacturing environment (automotive or motorcycle industry preferred). Thorough knowledge of Lean Manufacturing/Operations and technical problem-solving concepts and techniques. Develop and execute all aspects of project management from initialization through completion. Expertise in and ability to teach others cost and financial analysis concepts. Demonstrated competence in computer software applications. Experience in conflict resolution and negotiation, with demonstrated adaptability to varied and ambiguous situations. Ability to effectively present information to all levels of employees and management. Travel up to 25%
At Harley-Davidson it is not just what degree you have or what you know you must also exhibit and demonstrate our valued behaviors in everything that you do:
- Be accountable
- Model Integrity
- Value Individuality and Diversity
- Inspire Teamwork
- Encourage Creativity
Direct Reports: No
Travel: Required 0-10%