- WI |
- Jobs |
- Senior Systems Engineer - Brakes
Senior Systems Engineer - Brakes
Auto req ID: 4443BR
Title: Senior Systems Engineer - Brakes
Job Function: Engineering
State and City: Wisconsin, Wauwatosa
Company: Harley-Davidson Motor Company
Full or Part-Time: Full-Time
Shift: Shift 1
This Engineering position will be held accountable to deliver the following:
- Develop and maintain deep technical competence in foundation brake systems and components through benchmarking, analysis, project interaction, education, and development of strategic partnerships.
- Develop and maintain system strategies (design/technology roadmaps that optimize customer value, quality, cost & complexity/modularity).
- Assess status, identify, prioritize, and implement plans to progress component & system development processes from Road to Track to Lab to Computer.
- Enable product delivery teams’ and systems groups’ success through robust guidelines and templates, formal and informal consulting, and strong focus on technical optimization, product development efficiency, and customer value.
- Create and maintain a virtual shelf of proven technologies, components, and systems that anticipate and meet the needs of key stakeholders throughout the H-D enterprise.
Position requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related technical field. Master’s Degree preferred.
Position requires a minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience.
DFMEA & DVP&R
- Understand principles of DFMEA and DVP&R. Have participated in DFMEAs and DVP&Rs in the past.
- Demonstrates an advanced understanding of engineering calculations and regularly applies them to design problems and references calculations in reports and analysis guides. Can quickly recall and demonstrate engineering calculations during design reviews to provide decision ready information. Develops equation-based spreadsheets, programs, or scripts that are considered best practice for the design and analysis community.
Foundation brake component & system design
- Experience designing components and systems for vehicle foundation brakes. Demonstrated success in completing designs that meet their quality, cost, and performance targets.
- Comfortable managing functional tradeoffs between components and improving designs through clear understanding of operating envelopes, load paths, manufacturing processes, material properties, bolted joint analysis, datum schemes, and tolerancing.
- Uses a variety of tools to improve designs (i.e. engineering calculations, bolted joint analysis, FEA, GD&T, tolerance stackup analysis)
- Understanding of ABS and stability control theory and associated hardware.
- Confident and efficient in creating parts, assemblies, and drawings.
- Applies statistical analysis in daily work. Have participated in root cause analysis (e.g. Cause Map, Fishbone, etc.)
Structural Analysis and Test Correlation
- Able to correlate analytical results with physical test data on parts or assemblies.
Collaboration & Teamwork
- Willingly works with others up, down, and across the organization to get results.
- Helps others understand the importance of teamwork in order to gain support and buy-in.
- Reaches out to all relevant stakeholders before making a decision.
- Communicates openly
- Good internal consulting skills
- Actively listens and seeks others opinions
- Focuses on facts and process, not the person
- Shares information honestly and transparently
Direct Reports: No
Travel: Required 0-10%