- WI |
- Jobs |
- Senior IT Supply Base Analyst
Senior IT Supply Base Analyst
Auto req ID: 4712BR
Title: Senior IT Supply Base Analyst
Job Function: Information Services/Technology
State and City: Wisconsin, Milwaukee
Company: Harley-Davidson Motor Company
Full or Part-Time: Full-Time
Shift: Shift 1
This position will be responsible for managing GIS supplier relationships in the assigned category (hardware, software, IT services, or telecommunications). Work collaboratively with members of the GIS organization to meet the needs of the business in alignment with GIS technology strategies. Responsible for monitoring and improving the quality of the relationship between GIS and its suppliers, and monitoring compliance of supplier agreements – NDA, MSA,contract terms and conditions, commitments, and notifications. Effectively partner with Indirect Procurement team on sourcing events. Optimize the value of supplier relationship by conducting category based benchmarking including new technology offerings, cost and performance. Manage complex category and supplier relationships. Effectively manage supply base in line with best in class expectations. Manage supplier viability, supplier risk management, and commercial cost management. Manage and lead strategic supplier meetings. Process ownership and development of key processes within department. Lead continuous improvement of GIS supplier management practices. Demonstrated excellence in leading and managing complex supplier relationships. Position will require up to 25% travel for supplier visits, conferences, etc.
The position requires a Bachelors degree in engineering, materials management, supply chain management, or business administration. MS Eng., MBA, and /or CPM certification are preferred.
- A minimum of 6 years of demonstrated performance in technical competencies of procurement, engineering, finance, GIS, and/or operations are required.
- The candidate must have strong knowledge and experience in the production or procurement of GIS related software, hardware, and services, preferably within an automotive or motorcycle manufacturing environment.
- The candidate must have a thorough understanding or experience in implementing strategic purchasing relationships with suppliers.
- Strong, demonstrated program management and communication skills are required.
- The candidate must be able to travel to suppliers, conferences, etc., as necessary.
- Must be capable of directing external support staff and outside agencies.
- The ability to influence through indirect authority is essential; leading through influence managing the interface between GIS and Indirect Procurement.
- This position is also responsible for ensuring appropriate resource allocation to achieve key strategies.
Direct Reports: No
Travel: Required 10-25%