- WI |
- Jobs |
- Senior Advanced Manufacturing Engineer - Fabrication & Welding
Senior Advanced Manufacturing Engineer - Fabrication & Welding
Auto req ID: 4711BR
Title: Senior Advanced Manufacturing Engineer - Fabrication & Welding
Job Function: Manufacturing Operations
State and City: Wisconsin, Wauwatosa
Company: Harley-Davidson Motor Company
Full or Part-Time: Full-Time
Shift: Shift 1
At Harley-Davidson Motor Company we do much more than just build motorcycles; we fulfill dreams of personal freedom. We are customer led in all we do, and we believe and invest in our people and our communities. Harley-Davidson believes that its people are the only real long-term competitive advantage and their energy and commitment is what has made us successful since 1903.
The Advanced Manufacturing Engineer, Sr is well-versed in a specific manufacturing process area, and performs a key role in manufacturing process development and implementation (both internal H-D and Supply Base). The role will have accountability for manufacturing QCT targets and deliverables on assigned projects. Responsibilities include; manufacturing innovation, standard Bill-of-Process guidelines and templates, early manufacturing influence on design (DFM/DFA), requirements planning, risk assessment/mitigation (PFMEA), process design, equipment selection – procurement - qualification (PPAP/IPPAP) - implementation, transition to Operations, after action analysis, and CI. This role will also provide technical help chain support across H-D and the Supply Base. Frequent domestic and international travel will be required through the life of the projects that this role supports.
Key Result Areas(KRA)
* Employees at all levels are expected to keep abreast of new and changing technology and methods
that enhance their skill set. This can be accomplished through continuing learning at outside
classes, seminars, reading and other related training opportunities.
* Employees are expected to find ways to continuously improve processes and responsibilities in
* Employee will interact with variety of stake holders via various communication mediums (written
* Is comfortable interacting at all levels within and outside the company.
* Actively listens and seeks others opinions.
* Focuses on facts and process, not the person.
* Shares information honestly and transparently.
* Proactively pursue new technology that may provide benefit to our organization
* Assists in the overall development and understanding of new technology within the organization.
Concurrent Product/Process Development
* Interacts closely with the design community, manufacturing, as well as the supply base to work in
a collaborative nature on new product development.
* Provides support for the overall development and execution of the manufacturing strategy.
* Continuously improve processes and responsibilities in their job.
* Responsible for Project Management on assigned tasks (e.g. process innovation, standardization, implementation)
* Technical help chain support for internal H-D and external manufacturing processes
* Provides insight into manufacturing feasibility as well as into the design review process
* Delivers on targets such as quality, timing and cost
* Demonstrates discipline to the M9 process
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a related field is required, advanced degree is preferred.
A minimum of 5 years of manufacturing experience in metal fabrication and welding is required. The candidate must have the ability to communicate technical subjects in a clear and understandable fashion to multiple levels of the organization. The candidate must also demonstrate success managing small-to-medium-scale projects from concept development, through capital funding planning and approval, and ultimately successful implementation.
Able to clearly present information through the spoken or written word read and interpret
complex information; talk with customers or clients; listen well.
Decision Making & Problem Solving
Able to take action in solving problems while exhibiting judgment and a realistic understanding
of issues: able to use reason, even when dealing with emotional topics; review facts and weigh
Able to be tactful, maintains confidences, and fosters an ethical work environment; prevent
inappropriate behavior by coworkers; give proper credit to others; handle all situations
Planning, Prioritizing, & Goal Setting
Able to prepare for emerging customer needs; manage multiple projects; determine project
urgency in a meaningful and practical way;use goals to guide actions and create detailed
action plans;organize and schedule people and task.
Policies, Process, & Procedures
Able to act in accordance with established guidelines; follow standard procedures in crisis
situations; communicate and enforce organizational policies and procedures; recognize and
constructively conform to unwritten rules or practices.
Able to maintain high standards despite pressing deadlines; establish high standards and
measures; do work right the first time and inspect material for flaws; test new methods
thoroughly; reinforce excellence as a fundamental priority.
Able to develop rapport with others and recognize their concerns and feelings; build and
maintain long-term associations based on trust; help others.
Able to adapt behavior to others styles; interact with people who have different values,
cultures, or backgrounds; be of service to difficult people; optimize the benefits of
having a diverse workforce.
Tolerance of Ambiguity
Able to withhold actions or speech in the absence of important information; deal with
unresolved situations, frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
At Harley-Davidson it is not just what degree you have or what you know you must also exhibit and demonstrate our valued behaviors in everything that you do:
- Be accountable
- Model Integrity
- Value Individuality and Diversity
- Inspire Teamwork
- Encourage Creativity
Direct Reports: No
Travel: Required 10-25%