- WI |
- Jobs |
- Reliability Project Engineer
Reliability Project Engineer
Auto req ID: 4673BR
Title: Reliability Project Engineer
Job Function: Engineering
State and City: Wisconsin, Wauwatosa
Company: Harley-Davidson Motor Company
Full or Part-Time: Full-Time
Shift: Shift 1
At Harley-Davidson Motor Company we do much more than just build motorcycles; we fulfill dreams of personal freedom. We are customer led in all we do, and we believe and invest in our people and our communities. Harley-Davidson believes that its people are the only real long-term competitive advantage and their energy and commitment is what has made us successful since 1903.
This position is responsible for leading and managing reliability engineering projects, process maintenance, and continuous improvements ensuring compliance and excellence to H-D and industry standards. Candidate will be responsible for engineering solutions to reliability process problems and systems. Key contact for system administration of reliability owned software applications and solutions and their continual improvement. Regularly schedules and meets with reliability engineering and leadership to ensure process and system solutions are sufficient to deliver quality results and business objectives. Regularly audits engineering and reliability processes like FRACAS, DVP&R, DFMEA, Block Diagrams, component function matrices, interface matrices including reliability knowledge capture processes and systems to ensure compliance and quality results. Responsible for reliability knowledge capture system and Quality Management System processes. Position provides leadership and guidance to the reliability group on methods, maintenance and control of processes and systems. Leads and facilitates best practice sharing, process enhancement ideas and special projects to drive reliability process efficiency and effectiveness. Has oversight of reliability process performance and quality metrics to support new product introductions and reliability performance measures for production product. Role is expected to regularly interface with Reliability, Quality, Test and Evaluation, including other Product Development and Engineering process owners to drive quality and product reliability excellence.
The successful candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Manufacturing, Business, Supply Management, PE license or related technical degree is required.
In addition, they will have a minimum of 1-2 years professional experience in engineering or manufacturing environment. Must have a broad understanding of manufacturing operations, and be knowledgeable in the analysis of manufacturing processes and process capability management.
- Knowledgeable in the use of statistical and data manipulation techniques, Weibull Analysis preferred.
- Previous project management experience preferred.
- Understanding of Harley-Davidson organizational structure preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with functional area leadership and build credibility and influence with them.
- Candidate must be able to demonstrate a level of communication and interpersonal skill that enable effective working relationships. Also, must have the ability to work well with a variety of people at every level of the company.
- Ability to work in a team environment and collaborate with others is necessary.
- Ability to ask questions that get to the heart of issues and work with individuals who have data needs and recommend solutions.
- Flexibility to work in an interactive environment with a high tolerance for ambiguity and change.
- Self-starter with the ability to multi-task and effectively work under tight deadlines on a regular basis.
- Requires the ability to plan, prioritize and manage multiple projects effectively.
- Proficient computer skills: Excel, other Microsoft Office products, and/or statistical analysis software.
- Improved skills in Design for Reliability processes and methods
- Problem Solving
- Project /program management
- Continuous improvement
- Auditing Skills
- Communication and collaboration
- Statistic, data management, business metrics and data analysis skills enhancements
- Employees at all levels are expected to keep abreast of new and changing technology and methods that enhance their skill set. This can be accomplished through continuing learning at outside classes, seminars, reading and other related training opportunities.
- Continually improve technical and behavioral skills as they relate to this role through ongoing training, outside reading and benchmarking activities.
- Share the gained knowledge for the benefit of others within the assigned functional area.
- Is committed to ongoing personal development and continues to build technical skills required for optimal performance.
- Employees are expected to find ways to continuously improve processes and responsibilities in their job.
- Provide solutions to problems using both creative processes and analytical methods. Ability to separate the root-cause from intervening symptoms. Make recommendations based upon limited (but enough) data. Willing to take risks, identify the best possible alternative and make a commitment to carrying out the decision. Continuously improve data analysis to drive quality issues to resolution. Is knowledgeable of and understands the use of advanced quality tools and techniques.
- Employee will interact with variety of stake holders via various communication mediums (written and/or verbal).
- Communicate well at all levels in the organization and transfer knowledge to teams. Model the Harley-Davidson values in all stakeholder communication and activities.
- Employee is responsible for leading special engineering projects in Reliability
- Work with senior leadership to ensure understanding, sponsorship and appropriate commitment of resources. Provide leadership and team building expertise to teams focused on quality to ensure team effectiveness. Provide regular reliability communications.
- Through process effectiveness and efficiency measures identifies and recommends organizational development training, process enhancements, and opportunities for improvements.
- Reliability process compliance audits and qualitative assessments
- Assures reliability processes comply with Industry and quality system standards and certification requirements required by H-D
- Has the ability to transfer skills and/or knowledge to end users.
- Enable others to work effectively together toward a common goal. Understand how to meld together individual talents to create deliverables that are better than the efforts of any one person.
- Create an environment where individuals feel empowered to take action and perform in a manner that contributes to the organization's success.
- Must be dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external stakeholders; get first-hand stakeholder information and use it for improvements in products and services; talk and act with stakeholders in mind; establish and maintain effective relationships with stakeholders and gain their trust and respect.
At Harley-Davidson it is not just what degree you have or what you know you must also exhibit and demonstrate our valued behaviors in everything that you do:
- Be accountable
- Model Integrity
- Value Individuality and Diversity
- Inspire Teamwork
Direct Reports: No
Travel: Required 0-10%