Purchasing Manager - Electrical Contracting
Current Electric Co - Since 1983, Current Electric has provided customer with top quality, innovative lighting solutions, renewable energy, backup generators, and service that WOWs! Our office in Brookfield, WI is seeking a Purchasing Manager.
The Purchasing Manager is responsible for purchasing electrical contracting components and maintaining inventory within our warehouse to ensure our Electricians always have the right materials, tools, and equipment for the job. Additionally, the purchasing Manager is responsible for maintaining a organized warehouse to ensure all material is available and ready to go for the electricians completing the work in the field.
- Manage relationships with key suppliers, negotiate best pricing and availability of electrical components, supplies, equipment, and tools.
- Develop forecasts for future demand and place timely orders based on vendor lead-time.
- Plan and maintain optimal level of inventory.
- Procure electrical material for upcoming construction, generator, lighting, and solar projects.
- Support site logistics and deliveries.
- Proactively identify, communicate, ans assist with resolving issues that delay material deliveries.
- Coordinate returns of excess materials and/or incorrect material orders.
- Organize and maintain warehouse.
- Receive and inventory new shipments.
- Pull orders & material for upcoming jobs. Deliver to jobsite if necessary.
- Tool inventory and maintenance.
- Equipment inventory and maintenance.
- High School Degree or equivalent.
- 5 + Years of electrical contracting experience.
- Electrical License is a plus.
- Experience sourcing direct and indirect materials and services.
- Good communication skills.
- Experience negotiating with suppliers.
- Understanding of inventory planning, forecasting techniques and operation systems.
- Organized with excellent time-management skills.
- Detail oriented with advanced analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Drivers licenses and good driving record
- Complete insurance coverage - medical, dental, vision, life.
- 401 (k) with company match.
- Paid time off.