- WI |
- Jobs |
- Production Technician 2
Production Technician 2
Menomonee Falls53051WIUSMenomonee Falls, WI
Auto req ID: 4489BR
Title: Production Technician 2
Job Function: Manufacturing Operations
State and City: Wisconsin, Menomonee Falls
Company: Harley-Davidson Motor Company
Full or Part-Time: Full-Time
Shift: Shift 2
Job duties include:
1. Produces machined parts by loading program, setting up, and operating a computer numerical control (CNC) machine(s); maintaining quality and safety standards; keeping records; responding to machine alarms; maintaining equipment and supplies.
2. Adjusting input of computer systems for accuracy of machine operation, may utilize machine tools, such as lathes, milling machines, and machining centers, to produce precision metal parts. Understands and performs basic powering up and off of machines, home machines, load CNC programs, robot / automation, starts CNC and related equipment into cycle.
3. Programs mills and lathes by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, proving part programs. Understand programming languages, read and interpret information in program, including basic codes.
4. Required to operate multiple machines simultaneously in a work cell.
5. Maintains process & specifications by observing robotic, gantry and automated areas; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming points if applicable; replacing worn tools; clearing machine alarms and adhering to procedures and processes.
6. Visually inspect and utilize required inspection equipment, fluid levels, and gauges (I.e. Micrometers, air gauges and various electronic gauges, calipers, etc…) Make routine adjustments to equipment, verify settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample work pieces; and assure quality standards are met and that parts are conforming to specifications. Report defects during all phases of the process.
7. Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
8. Utilizes Coordinate Measure Machines (CMM) and Klingelnberg inspections as required. Analyzes output and relates back to part, makes appropriate adjustments.
9. Must be able to perform all job duties as described for Production Technician I - Machining.
1. Minimum of three (3) years of accumulated experience operating automated CNC equipment is required.
2. Must possess basic shop math skills.
3. Must be able to read and interpret prints, process sheet drawings.
4. Must be able to read and use gauges and measuring devices.
5. Must possess a basic understanding of machine component and functions to include axis/coordinate systems, turret, G and M Codes, headstock /spindles.
6. Must be able to successfully pass Machining PT2 Qualifications Test
Direct Reports: No
Travel: Required 0-10%