Our client, a leading manufacturer of highly engineer products has an immediate opening for an experienced Production Supervisor. The primary job function of the Production Supervisor is to supervise the Production Area and provides daily supervision and leadership to the assigned Production area to meet the high standards of the customer. This position assumes responsibility for developing the skills of the employees in the specified area and, balancing the work load and ensuring that the production is done in accordance with company standards of quality and on-time performance.
Reports to: Manufacturing Manager
- Supervise the specific production area and direct the daily activities of that specific production area.
- Plan and schedule the employee and material resources needed.
- Responsible for staffing, discipline and development of the team.
- Manage the ERP system, gather and report support metrics.
- Interact with engineering, sales, service, other production areas and all other departments.
- Maintain current product and equipment knowledge to assist in trouble- shooting issues.
- Initiate, recommend, investigate, trouble-shoot and provide solutions and actions to prevent the occurrence of any nonconformities relating to the products, process and quality.
- Perform all job duties following Company’s 5S/LEAN manufacturing requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills & Qualifications:
The ideal candidate will have skills and knowledge in the following areas:
- Experience in Electrical/Electronic wiring
- Ability to read blue prints and electrical schematics
- Knowledgeable on how systems work together
- Experience in Welding (aluminum and steel)
- Prior experience in the customization of vehicles (cars, vans, trucks, RVs)
- Prior experience with continuous improvement protocols including 5S, Value Stream Mapping, Kaizen
- Prior experience with quality control practices
Education & Experience:
- High School Diploma. Associated degree in a technical field preferred
- Mechanical aptitude is required, with knowledge of electronic and mechanical systems.
- 5 -7 years production experience.
- Previous supervisory experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and occasionally move up to 70 pounds.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time; walk, sit; use power tools or controls, reach above shoulders; and talk and hear.
- Employee is occasionally required to bend, climb or balance; stoop, twist, reach, lift, kneel, crouch or crawl.
$50,000 - $55,000/yr based on experience