Auto req ID: 4974BR
Title: Mechanic 2
Job Function: Engineering
State and City: Wisconsin, Wauwatosa
Company: Harley-Davidson Motor Company
Full or Part-Time: Full-Time
Shift: Shift 1
At Harley-Davidson Motor Company we do much more than just build motorcycles; we fulfill dreams of personal freedom. We are customer led in all we do, and we believe and invest in our people and our communities. Harley-Davidson believes that its people are the only real long-term competitive advantage and their energy and commitment is what has made us successful since 1903.
The Mechanic 2 position is responsible for the following:
• Ability to successfully complete the Experimental Mechanic Trade Knowledge assessment and Trades Group skills assessment battery. The skills assessment includes, but is not limited to Graphic Arithmetic, Technical Reading, Mechanical Comprehension, Assembly and Troubleshooting.
• Demonstrated competence in welding of critical assemblies where strength, distortion and other factors must be considered.
• Demonstrated knowledge of engine technology.
• Ability to interpret complex engineering drawings for design intent and critical tolerance.
• Skill in layout and fabrication of components and assemblies in a variety of materials. This includes planning the job and the design/building and modification of basic tools, parts and fixtures to accomplish this work.
• Machining skills that demonstrate competence in the set-up and operation of manual milling, turning, drilling and grinding machines. Also, demonstrate competence in using precision measuring devices.
• Basic understanding of computers, word processing, electronic mail, and spreadsheets.
Hours may vary based on business need. Some travel may be required.
Two (2) years of trade school/training as a Mechanic Technician, Aircraft Mechanic, Machining Technician, or Model Maker, or related coursework and experience.
Valid motorcycle license and Motorcycle Safety Foundation (MSF) certification within one year of hire.
Eight (8) years minimum experience as a Professional Mechanic (Automotive, Motorcycle, Aircraft), or as a R&D/Product Development Technician. Time in other related skilled trades where experience and skill would apply to the Experimental Mechanic position may be considered. Related schooling may be used towards this experience.
At Harley-Davidson it is not just what degree you have or what you know you must also exhibit and demonstrate our valued behaviors in everything that you do:
• Be accountable
• Model Integrity
• Value Individuality and Diversity
• Inspire Teamwork
• Encourage Creativity
Direct Reports: No
Travel Required: 0-10%