- WI |
- Jobs |
- Manufacturing Area Manager
Manufacturing Area Manager
Auto req ID: 4215BR
Title: Manufacturing Area Manager
Job Function: Manufacturing Operations
State and City: Wisconsin, Tomahawk
Company: Harley-Davidson Motor Company
Full or Part-Time: Full-Time
Shift: Shift 1
This position reports to the Director of Operations of Manufacturing and is responsible for the following:
- Manufacturing Leadership – This position exists to direct the overall manufacturing production throughput and any related initiatives set by the Company for a process area. The incumbent is responsible for optimizing the efficiency of the manufacturing operations in any area of manufacturing to include, Paint, Injection Molding, and Windshields. The incumbent must understand key business drivers and successfully manage and influence positive
return on investments using lean manufacturing techniques.
- Functional Leadership – The incumbent is responsible for leading a team of first line supervisors in the management of the production schedule and managing the engineering staff supporting the process area.
- Operational Management – The incumbent is expected to meet or exceed safety, quality, cost, delivery, people/engagement and sustainability metrics (SQDCPS targets) for a process area. Walks the floor providing leadership, layered process audits and coaching (floor time of 40% or greater).
Ensures the process is functioning properly through layered audits and discipline to process. Responds to S&OP (Sales & Operations planning).
This position requires a Bachelor’s Business Administration or Bachelor of Science Manufacturing Engineering degree or equivalent technical degree. Advanced degree preferred.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated the following capabilities typically developed through 8 years diversified manufacturing, product and line experience. This position requires experience and expertise in dealing with work teams, empowerment, and world class lean manufacturing strategies. A technical background, including some or all with the ability to master all of:
- Expert experience in assigned area.
- Computer experience with a demonstrated competence in PCs and the use of on-line systems both manufacturing and engineering.
- Practical application of ergonomics and safety programs.
- The application of engineering practices.
- Competence with and application of costing methods and value analysis.
- The application of design for manufacturing practices.
- Full application of Lean manufacturing principles.
- The application of problem solving, root cause and decision analysis techniques.
- A total understanding of factory personnel operating systems (i.e. vacation scheduling, job movement, etc.)
- Knowledge and experience with the principles of trade unions.
- An appreciation of the contribution of trade unions, and value of their role in the partnership
This position will be responsible for the Kaphaem facility.
Any unsolicited resumes submitted will become the property of Harley-Davidson
Direct Reports: Yes
Travel: Required 0-10%