3M Cumberland values its customers, employees and the surrounding community. Operating with integrity in all facets of our operation, we strive for manufacturing excellence and continuously look for opportunities to improve the quality of our products, reduce cost and actively engage employees. The roots of the plant are primarily in sandpaper converting operations, however, over the years the plant has evolved and diversified into other core business such as floor pads, lapping films, microfinishing films, and superabrasives.
The position will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following specific duties:
- A strong commitment to a safe work environment by demonstrating safe work behaviors and making safe decisions related to tasks performed. This includes maintaining neat and orderly conditions in work areas, and operating assigned equipment in a safe, effective, and efficient manner. Wear personal protection equipment.
- Collaborate, communicate and work effectively within a business work team setting. This includes maintaining a flexible and cooperative attitude toward business fluctuations and customer requests.
- Responsive and engaged in problem solving and root cause discussions. Understand and apply lean manufacturing principals and support continuous improvement.
- Operate powered and manual industrial vehicles, powered and manual tools and powered and manual equipment.
- Perform mechanical and electrical maintenance support activities covering all aspects in a manufacturing environment including PLC support, general facilities and manufacturing process equipment.
- High school diploma or GED
- Possess or currently pursuing a technical degree in a maintenance field
- Minimum of three years of industrial maintenance experience
- Minimum of three years of PLC control systems experience
- Experience troubleshooting and problem solving in a manufacturing environment
- Mechanical aptitude and thorough understanding of electrical, electronic and PLC Logic concepts
- Experience with mechanical and electrical troubleshooting and repair of complex manufacturing process equipment. This would include: motor, relay, and PLC logic control, process instrumentation, and general working knowledge of boilers, compressors, and chillers
- Experience in welding, fabrication, and machining
Location: Cumberland, WI
Relocation: Is not authorized
You are applying for a Maintenance Technician position at 3M Cumberland. Qualified applications will be considered when Maintenance Technician openings occur at 3M Cumberland for up to one year of the posting of this requisition.
Qualified applicants will be required to take and pass 3M testing as a part of the selection process.