IT Supply Base Lead
IT Supply Base Lead
Location: Milwaukee, WI, US
Auto req ID: 4690BR
Title: IT Supply Base Lead
Job Function: Information Services/Technology
State and City: Wisconsin, Milwaukee
Company: Harley-Davidson Motor Company
Full or Part-Time: Full-Time
Shift: Shift 1
The IT Supply Base Lead is responsible for establishing and maintaining relationships with suppliers appropriate to the needs of the enterprise. Activities to include identifying, evaluating, selecting, and managing suppliers for the supply base.
This position will be responsible for the development and implementation of category strategies: hardware, software (particularly software as a service), IT services, or telecommunications.
The position will require managing complex projects that can last for extended periods of time (up to one year or more). To accomplish this, a high degree of internal interface is required with enterprise architecture, project, and operations personnel. A global view of industry competency, capabilities, legal implications, technical direction, specific process familiarity, understanding of process and design related cost drivers, and excellent interpersonal skills are balanced enablers to achieve in this position. This position may have managerial responsibility for an operating budget (headcount and expense) with direct reports including Supply Base Specialists, Supply Base Analysts and Sourcing Analysts. In addition, this role will require leading through influence managing the interface between GIS supplier management and Indirect Procurement. Responsible for ensuring appropriate resource allocation to achieve key strategies. Process ownership and development of key processes within department. Lead continuous improvement of GIS supplier management practices. Position will require up to 25% travel for supplier visits, conferences etc.
The position requires a Bachelors degree in engineering or IT, supply chain management, business administration, or equivalent. MS Eng., MBA, CPM and /or CPIM certification are preferred.
- A minimum of 8 years of demonstrated performance in technical competencies of procurement, engineering, finance, and/or operations are required including a minimum of 2 years experience in GIS.
- The candidate must have strong knowledge and experience in the production or procurement of GIS related software, hardware, and services, preferably within an automotive or motorcycle manufacturing environment.
- The candidate must have a thorough understanding or experience in implementing strategic purchasing relationships with suppliers.
- The candidate must have strong knowledge of supply chain management, including through contributing to new product launches.
- Strong ability to understand technical concepts as related to the software (software as a service), hardware, and services being purchased.
- Requires demonstrated communication skills, clear articulate speech, good listening skills and the ability to generate clear, concise written documentation.
- Must be capable of directing external support staff and outside agencies.
- The ability to influence through both direct and indirect authority is essential.
Direct Reports: No
Travel: Required 10-25%
Nearest Major Market: Milwaukee
Nearest Secondary Market: