We’re a fast growing Heavy Construction Company based in the Twin Cities, with a second office in North Dakota, seeking a full time entry level Field Engineer- Safety in Southwestern Wisconsin. This will be a full-time position with the possibility to work on different field assignments and/or at our Maple Grove, MN Corporate office (determined by project type).
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Ensure project engineering activities comply with company and contract requirements.
- Provide technical support for construction, including participation in construction planning, execution, quality control, and completion of the work.
- Interface with on-site construction crews as required ensuring safety is maintained, quality of construction, adherence to overall project schedule, and tracking productivity goals.
- Perform bid takeoffs and use Agtek Software to do modeling and dirt takeoffs.
- Monitor and report construction work progress, quantities, and daily labor. Identify any variance from the Project Plan.
- Monitor Contractor safety performance.
- Ensures assigned subcontractors activities are performed in accordance with the Purchase Order/Contract.
- Assists with incident investigations, conduct audits, and prepare reports.
- Implementing training programs and testing; covering OSHA requirements, confined space entry, and personal protective equipment.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, or related filed with 0-3 years’ experience
- Working proficiency in MS Software (including: Excel, Word and Outlook)
- Experience with HeavyJob preferred
- GPS Experience a plus
- Must be willing to travel
- CADD experience a plus
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Detailed and organized
- Self-motivated and independent
If interested, please send resumes to: