- WI |
- Jobs |
- Engineering Manager - Infotainment & Connectivity
Engineering Manager - Infotainment & Connectivity
Auto req ID: 4985BR
Title: Engineering Manager - Infotainment & Connectivity
Job Function: Engineering
State and City: Wisconsin, Wauwatosa
Company: Harley-Davidson Motor Company
Full or Part-Time: Full-Time
Shift: Shift 1
This Engineering Manager position will be held accountable for delivering the following:
• Providing technical leadership to a team of engineers focused on delivery of infotainment and connectivity systems.
o System design: Product Requirement Documents, Engineering Drawings, etc.
o System development: DVP&R, DFMEA, PFMEA, PPAP, etc.
o System issue resolution
o System / part approvals
o Driving alignment between stakeholders to deliver an optimized system.
• Managing team resources to deliver the H-D lifecycle plan for infotainment and connectivity.
o Resource forecasting and allocation
o Collaborating with Platform Teams to resource projects
o Performance management of individual contributors
o Estimate system development costs
o Manage team’s budget for development and travel.
• Leading a team to deliver the infotainment system strategy across the H-D portfolio.
o Knowledge Capture (Engineering Guidelines)
o System evolution roadmap (Quality, Cost, Time-to-Market, Weight, WOW).
o Developing a complexity management plan
o Collaborate with H-D suppliers to develop system improvements
o Product Delivery metrics measuring performance of system and team
Collaboration & Teamwork
• Willingly works with others up, down, and across the organization to get results
• Helps others understand the importance of their work in order to gain support and buy-in
• Reaches out to all relevant stakeholders before making a decision
• Communicates openly
• Good internal consulting skills
• Actively listens and seeks others opinions
• Focuses on facts and process, not the person
• Shares information honestly and transparently
This position requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, other engineering degrees will be considered. A Master’s Degree is a plus.
In addition they will have demonstrated the following:
Managing System Development & Delivery
• Demonstrated success in leading a design and delivery team that meet their quality, cost, timing, and performance objectives
• Experience setting robust performance targets based off a Voice of Customer request.
• Skilled at guiding a cross-functional team through system tradeoffs.
• Have led/facilitated design reviews (DFMEA, DVP&R, Fault Tree, etc.).
• Provide oversight to component and system level test plans
• Analyzing system level test results and assessing risk to full vehicle operation
• Approving robust engineering designs
• Experience with design of infotainment or connectivity systems/components
• Has led/facilitated software design and testing
• Experience with LAN/CAN communication protocols
• Experience with electronic diagnostic tests and communication protocols
• Experience with circuit design, circuit analysis, and/or electrical testing
• Experience with back office systems is a plus
• Experience with big data systems and analytics is a plus
• Understands project management tools and principles (requirements, scheduling, risk mitigation, budget, and metrics) through training and experience
• Efficiently executes prescribed project management processes
• Experience leading complex supplier led designs
• Demonstrated success in issue containment and resolution
• Experience with root cause identification methodologies
At Harley-Davidson it is not just what degree you have or what you know, you must also exhibit and demonstrate our valued behaviors in everything that you do:
Be Accountable - You make informed commitments and keep your promises. You align goals and work to obtain business and development objectives. You base actions on desired outcomes to achieve measurable business results. You hold yourself and others accountable.
Model Integrity - You tell the truth. You demonstrate professional, ethical, and transparent behavior in all activities and decisions. You courageously model behaviors consistent with the Code of Business Conduct, even in the face of difficult challenges.
Value Individuality and Diversity - You recognize and value differences and seek inclusiveness. You are inviting and accepting of different viewpoints. You leverage the rich background and abilities of others.
Respect for Others - Treats all people with sincerity and dignity. Open and unbiased toward others, shows respect for differences, and acknowledges the contributions of others.
Inspire Teamwork - You work collaboratively towards a common goal and care as much about the success of others as you do about your own success. You model the behaviors of an effective team member/leader.
Encourage Creativity - You encourage intellectual curiosity. You believe there is a better way and push for it. You challenge conventional thinking/assumptions. You fail fast – you take calculated risks and accept failure as a learning opportunity.
Direct Reports: Yes
Travel Required: 0-10%