~~Our client, a leading manufacturer of highly engineer products has an immediate opening for an experienced Electronics Production Supervisor. The primary job function of the Electronics Production Supervisor is to ensure the production of company products at the highest quality at the lowest possible cost, meeting company performance standards and customer specifications and delivery requirements, in accordance with company policies and procedures.
• Manage area of responsibility to attain company established and assigned metrics.
• Must work interactively with engineering, customer service, sales and purchasing department personnel.
• Prioritize, schedule and delegate work assignments, and directly supervise the systems integration and test functions to ensure the production of company products at the highest quality and lowest possible cost, meeting company performance standards and customer specification and delivery requirements in accordance with company policies and procedures.
• Plan production schedules, review component parts and sub-assembly availability against build schedule.
• Recruit, interview, hire, train and develop electronics production personnel – assemblers, technicians, scheduler, etc.
• Review parts shortages with purchasing and adjust schedules as necessary.
• Ensure the training of new and present employees is in the processes and methods required to achieve the company's standards for quality, quantity, safety and meets LEAN Manufacturing/5S requirements.
• Develop and implement preventative maintenance on test equipment to minimize downtime.
• Develop, recommend and implement departmental policies and procedures, processes and methods.
• Continually evaluate processes and methods, recommend measures to improve production methods, equipment, performance, utilization of people and quality of product.
• Act as technical resource to address and resolve inquiries and problems; analyze and resolve work problems and assist workers in solving work problem.
• Ensure the completion of all required production paperwork, records and documentation.
• Utilize ERP accurately to ensure data and transactional integrity.
• Ensure compliance with departmental housekeeping standards and all safety and work rules and regulations.
• Perform all job duties following 5S/LEAN manufacturing requirements and according to all safety and health policies.
Skills & Qualifications:
The ideal candidate will have skills and knowledge in the following areas:
• Experience in Electrical/Electronic wiring
• Knowledgeable on how systems work together
• Prior hands-on assembly of electrical and mechanical systems
• Prior experience in the customization of vehicles (cars, vans, trucks, RVs) a plus
• Prior experience with continuous improvement protocols including 5S, Value Stream Mapping, Kaizen
• Prior experience with quality control practices
Education & Experience:
• High School Diploma and 7 to 10 years of progressively responsible related experience, or a Bachelor’s Degree and 1 to 2 years related experience or
• 2 years of college and 3 to 5 years of progressively responsible experience, or a combination of education and experience
• Electronics background with mechanical aptitude is required.
• Previous supervisory experience.