Our client is a global leader in the packaging industry and has a career opportunity for an experienced Field Service Technician. This opportunity is open to candidates Nationwide, no relocation required.
The Electrical Field Engineer performs hands-on electronic and mechanical repairs on packaging machinery equipment including fillers, process, and cappers in customer beverage production lines. Travels to customer facilities throughout the US to support the KHS product line.
• Conduct onsite startup, support and service for all KHS equipment as directed.
• Perform hands-on electrical troubleshooting and repairs on KHS equipment in insure quality operations and maximum equipment productivity.
• Provide support to the in-house electrical engineering staff with concurrent projects.
• Interface with Engineering, Production and Project Management to solve technical problems or project issues; Communicate with customer technicians to perform service.
• Provide technical assistance and support to manufacturing.
• Electro-mechanical troubleshooting.
• Modification of PLC programs and Servo controls systems.
• Perform I/O checks / wiring during new machine installations
Skills & Qualifications
• Competence in electrical and mechanical engineering and practical experience in this industry
• Strong electro-mechanical aptitude to resolve issues with machinery.
• Strong knowledge and experience in Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) applications (Siemens and Allen Bradley) as well as in servo technology and network engineering
• Familiarity with the “Process” (mixing, blending, batching of liquids and dry).
• Extensive knowledge of products in the range of beverage and packing industry
• Excellent customer service skills; ability to train customer personnel on equipment.
• Valid driver’s license and passport required.
• Ability to travel 80% - 100% domestically
• No relocation necessary; must be within one hour of major airport.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineer
The company has competitive wages and full benefits package including health, dental vision, disability, life insurance, paid time off, holidays and 401K with matching contribution. Our employees enjoy a variety of duties, worldwide contacts, excellent training and development opportunities.