- WI |
- Jobs |
- Development Purchasing Analyst
Development Purchasing Analyst
Development Purchasing Analyst
Location: Wauwatosa, WI, US
Auto req ID: 4660BR
Title: Development Purchasing Analyst
Job Function: Materials Management
State and City: Wisconsin, Wauwatosa
Company: Harley-Davidson Motor Company
Full or Part-Time: Full-Time
Shift: Shift 1
At Harley-Davidson Motor Company we do much more than just build motorcycles; we fulfill dreams of personal freedom. We are customer led in all we do, and we believe and invest in our people and our communities. Harley-Davidson believes that its people are the only real long-term competitive advantage and their energy and commitment is what has made us successful since 1903.
Position: This position is responsible for collaborating with suppliers and engineering to develop motorcycle components from concept to production
- Ensure quality, cost, capacity and time commitment targets are achieved to deliver a successful product launch for purchased components.
- Responsible for core processes including commercial and data management for new parts and supplier manufacturing process development.
- Deliver multiple new motorcycle components and systems concurrently.
- Provide solutions to mitigate risk and impact to project timing and key deliverables and utilize problem solving tools with minimal guidance.
- Negotiate commercial terms, conditions, and pricing with suppliers for parts, tooling and NRE (Non Recurring Expenses).
- Ability to hold suppliers accountable to commitments and project deliverables independently and take the appropriate steps to escalate when required.
The position requires a bachelor's degree in materials management, supply chain management, business administration, engineering or equivalent degree.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 3 years of experience. In addition they will have demonstrated the following:
- Knowledge and experience in the production or procurement of components and subsystems, preferably within a manufacturing environment
- Strong knowledge of operations techniques including but not limited to Capability Studies, PFMEAs and Control Plans, Just-In-Time (JIT) manufacturing, cost management tools, and other quality and continuous improvement tools.
- Solid understanding of product development methodology (i.e. APQP) to ensure appropriate quality planning tools are utilized throughout the development cycle.
- Ability to facilitate cross-functional meetings and present data-driven information to large audiences
- Base knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) and the relationship to inspection methods
- Understanding of initial process capability tools such as Statistical Process Control (SPC) and Measurement Systems Analysis methods such as Gage Repeatability and Reproducibility (GR&R).
- Ability to influence through indirect authority is essential
- Strong, demonstrated program management and communication skills are required
- Demonstrated communication skills, clear articulate speech, good listening skills and the ability to generate clear, concise written documentation.
At Harley-Davidson it is not just what degree you have or what you know you must also exhibit and demonstrate our valued behaviors in everything that you do:
- Be accountable
- Model Integrity
- Value Individuality and Diversity
- Inspire Teamwork
- Encourage Creativity
Direct Reports: No
Travel: Required 10-25%
Nearest Major Market: Milwaukee
Nearest Secondary Market: