- WI |
- Jobs |
- Development Purchasing Analyst
Development Purchasing Analyst
Auto req ID: 4714BR
Title: Development Purchasing Analyst
Job Function: Product Development
State and City: Wisconsin, Milwaukee
Company: Harley-Davidson Motor Company
Full or Part-Time: Full-Time
Shift: Shift 1
This position is responsible for collaborating with suppliers and engineering to develop motorcycle components from concept to production. This role is responsible to ensure quality, cost, capacity and time commitment targets are achieved to deliver a successful product launch for purchased components. This role is responsible for core processes including commercial and data management for new parts and supplier manufacturing process development. Responsibilities also include proto build part procurement, onsite supplier process evaluations and risk mitigation activities. This role will work closely with suppliers utilizing APQP tools to consistently deliver customer needs. Interfacing with a variety of cross functional internal and external stakeholders at all levels throughout the product development process is essential. Strong project management skills are required to deliver multiple new motorcycle components and systems concurrently.
The position requires a bachelor's degree in materials management, supply chain management, business administration, engineering or equivalent degree.
- 1-3 years of demonstrated performance in technical competencies of procurement, engineering, finance, and/or operations are required.
- The ideal candidate will have knowledge and experience in the production or procurement of components and subsystems, preferably within a manufacturing environment.
- Strong, demonstrated program management and communication skills are required.
- Travel required will average 10-15% while spikes surrounding projects or launch may result in longer duration; some international travel may be required.
- The ideal candidate will have knowledge of concurrent product and process development techniques and supply chain management, preferably through contribution to new product launches.
- The ideal candidate will have strong knowledge of operations techniques including but not limited to Capability Studies, PFMEAs and Control Plans, Just-In-Time (JIT) manufacturing, cost management tools, and other quality and continuous improvement tools.
- Additionally, the candidate must have a good working knowledge of PC-based word processing and spreadsheet software.
- Requires demonstrated communication skills, clear articulate speech, good listening skills and the ability to generate clear, concise written documentation.
- The candidate must be capable of directing external support staff and outside agencies.
- The ability to influence through indirect authority is essential.
- It is highly desirable for the person filling this position to have motorcycle riding experience and knowledge in the area of Harley-Davidson motorcycles and accessories.
Direct Reports: No
Travel: Required 0-10%