Summary / Objective
This role is charged with following and enforcing all company production, quality, environmental, safety, and employment policies and procedures to ensure that the shift / department is running effectively and efficiently with minimal rejects and downtime. Responsible for monitoring and maintaining the productivity of a particular product line or group of products for one or more departments in order to satisfy customer requirements and maintain customer satisfaction. Executes the Production plan to meet the process and production goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for monitoring production levels to meet set production and shipment schedules. Interfaces with production management and production control staff to clarify and monitor shipment dates.
- Follow up on work-in-process to track progress and locations of product.
- Responsible for coordinating work schedules for production employees, and managing electronic time and attendance records for payroll purposes
- Responsible for reporting materials and equipment defects, malfunctions or mistakes. Works with engineers to prevent or minimize future issues.
- Assigns employees to particular work areas to maximize productivity and quality objectives.
- Interprets and enforces company policies, including safety regulations and requirements.
- Plans and coordinates work, trains and motivates, monitors and evaluates performance of production employees; ensures their ability to safely operate equipment; coaches and counsels, records and disciplines as necessary.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Required Education and Experience
- Associates degree and 3-5 years’ supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment OR an equivalent combination of experience and education. Welding and/or metal fabrication experience is a plus.
- Fluent in Spanish (Written, oral communications)
- Blueprint reading skills a plus
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office products.
- ERP systems experience is a plus.
- Must be able to promote open communication.
- Must support and enforce company goals and policies.
- Strong working knowledge of and commitment to safety.
- The ability to express ideas and concepts with confidence both verbally and in writing
- Ability to analyze situations and get to the bottom of issues to insure that the correct solution is reached.
- Must be a problem solver and self-starter and have the ability to give constructive input.
- Strong organizational skills; the ability to prioritize, maintain attention to detail and recognize time constraints.
- Possess a driven and positive work ethic
- Medical, Dental, Life, AD&D, and STD at first of month following 59 days
- 5 days paid vacation + 5 unpaid days off during first year
- Matching 401(k) retirement contribution first of next quarter following 1 year of employment