- WI |
- Jobs |
- Accounts Payable Supervisor
Accounts Payable Supervisor
Auto req ID: 4027BR
Title: Accounts Payable Supervisor
Job Function: Accounting / Finance
State and City: Wisconsin, Milwaukee
Company: Harley-Davidson Motor Company
Full or Part-Time: Full-Time
Shift: Shift 1
At Harley-Davidson Motor Company we do much more than just build motorcycles; we fulfill dreams of personal freedom. We are customer led in all we do, and we believe and invest in our people and our communities. Harley-Davidson believes that its people are the only real long-term competitive advantage and their energy and commitment is what has made us successful since 1903.
This position provides guidance, direction and support to departmental staff, and internal and external customers; acting as a liaison between departments and businesses.
The purpose of this job is to oversee the overall direction / production of Harley-Davidson Motor Company, Inc. Accounts Payable processes and staff to ensure operational excellence is continually met. This position is responsible for the planning and deployment of necessary system / process changes, as well as employee staffing and development used to increase efficiencies within Accounts Payable, in accordance with H-D Operational Excellence objectives.
This position is also responsible for the application of internal controls and policies to ensure the proper segregation of duties and safeguarding of company assets. This position will work directly with internal and external auditors.
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or other related field.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 5 or more years of progressive Accounts Payable experience using a computerized accounting software or equivalent experience. In addition they will have demonstrated the following:
- Accounts Payable management experience in a manufacturing environment;
- Knowledge of inventory accounting policies and procedures;
- Knowledge and ability to do extensive and detailed research of supplier accounts (concerns or problems), work with banking or payment systems to process domestic and foreign payments (checks, ACH, wires), process payment runs, stop payments, and voids;
- Knowledge of accounting and understand of activities which must take place to make the General Ledger accurately reflect the transactions;
- Knowledge of standard concepts, practices, and procedures of Accounts Payable and / or Accounting;
- Ability to work independently and serve as a leader for department employees who perform various Accounts Payable related work / duties;
- Ability to perform multiple tasks accurately, efficiently, quickly, and independently while meeting assigned deadlines and/or quotas;
- Ability to supervise and direct staff in an appropriate and professional manner;
- Communications and customer service skills appropriate for dealing with internal and external customer requests, co-workers and senior management;
- Proficiency with office productivity tools (i.e., spreadsheets, word processing, presentation software); and
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
Sarbanes-Oxley Act Section 404 experience a plus. SAP and Brainware system knowledge desired
Direct Reports: Yes
Travel: Required 0-10%